Monday, March 1, 2010

Bike stuff

(Not my bike, but the same model, only much cleaner and more dramatically posed)



This morning I weighed in at 203, not bad, but I haven't made any progress since last week. Or rather, I made a little progress over the week then lost it all over the weekend. This weekend I wasn't able to get out at all, due to other commitments. And it was snowing and cold last week, so I only rode to work twice. This week though, it should be warmer, although somewhat snowy. The trail this morning was nice and clear and the 32 degrees meant that I could leave the leg warmers at home. I'm really looking forward to riding without tights again. I don't really mind them, and they do a good job of keeping my legs warm, but they're such a hassle to get on and off. Plus, how can I show off my awesome calves?

This week I'm going to make the multi-geared transition on my bike. This will be good for longer distances, plus since I'm selling my mountain bike it will serve dual-duty as road and mountain bike for me without having to change out the gearing. I've owned many bikes over the years, but this one is by far my favorite. It'll probably outlast me, unless I let it get rusty. I've really been itching to go for some long rides, so as soon as it gets acceptably warm, I'll be headed out at 6am on Saturdays for some 40 mile+ rides.

Weight: 203
BFP: 21.0
Activity: Bike 16 miles

2 comments:

  1. 40 mile+ bike rides? That's what cars are for, silly. Good luck w/ yer weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatevs. Cars are for sucking up money, breaking down and transporting children.

    ReplyDelete