Monday, March 22, 2010

Overdrive and shoes and such


Well, this is it. No more excuses. It's time to kick it up a notch. And other locker room euphemisms. I've been stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks now, and though I've been sick, I've been relatively better for a few days now. So tonight, weights, ball workout. Every day, ride. Saturday, run. As the weather gets better I'm going to start running in the morning, or evening, I'm not sure which. The problem with running in the morning is that it's my only time to write in the day, but there's probably 20 minutes in the evening when I can sneak out for a run.

This is going to be a busy week. FHE tonight, tutoring Wed., correlation Thurs., and who knows what else?

Oh yes, free shoes on Thursday! Woohoo! Last week this company did a promotion where you send in an old pair of your shoes and they send you a new pair of theirs. I would have told everyone about it, but I only found out a few hours before the promotion ended and barely had time to ship off my old shoes, so I'm getting a pair of these on Thursday:


Some people think they are ugly, but I kinda like the way they look. Plus, they're made out of Cordura instead of the wet tissue paper they make canvas Vans out of these days, so they should be a lot more durable. Although my old Vans that I got for 16 bucks at TJ Maxx lasted a few years, but they weren't made out of the canvas, they were sort of, uh, wool? The uppers were still in good shape, but there were big holes in the soles.

Holes in the soles. Sounds like a crappy indie band.


Weight: 199
BFP 23
Activity-N/A

1 comment:

  1. I think the shoes are pretty fancy. Awesome you got 'em for free, too.

    ReplyDelete