Wednesday, February 17, 2010



I saw "Avatar" last night, making me officially the last one in the country to see it (who actually wanted to.) Very impressive visuals, but almost too much to take in. And the story was pretty weak, it was basically a really cool-looking version of Pocahontas, with tails. And I couldn't help feeling a sense of deja vu when a certain extremely large object was teetering precipitously. James Cameron sure loves big stuff. Still, it was fun, especially hearing Sam Worthington's terrible American accent. You can take the Aussie out of Oz... Apparently he is going to be in every single movie coming out for the next ten years, including Clash of the Titans and the next James Bond.

Anyway. It's pleasantly non-freezing today. The Weather Channel is still trying to convince me that it's uncomfortable workout weather outside, but 32 degrees in February is not too shabby. Another five degrees warmer and it would even hit the average, although according to the 10-day, next Friday will be about 10 degrees below the average for this time of year.

Brrr.


Weight: 202.4
BFP: 21.6
Activity- Bike 16 miles, weights

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the weight loss. Yeah, Avatar was pretty spectacular visually, especially the Na'vi. I was impressed by the "performace capture". Robert Zemeckis needs to watch it a couple hundred times. But you're right, the story was pretty weak, or at least unorginal. And Sam Worthington slipped up quite a bit. But oh well. At least it beat out Titanic for the top-grossing movie. I'd still rather watch Aang and co. Did you ever watch the cartoon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, actually I have never seen the airbender thing, if that's what you're talking about. We don't get "TV" here in the midwest. Have you lost any?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's what I meant. It's a really cool show. It's not on anymore though. They only had three seasons. You should try to check it out. I know they've got some episodes on that Utube-amajig thingy. And M. Night Shyamalan is doing a live-action version. I haven't weighed myself since Saturday, and I will again this Saturday. I don't like the every day thing. Too much fluctuation. I better have lost some though, I've been working out. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete