Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How to dress like a Chicagoan





I must be on my way to becoming a native, because the weather this morning felt nice. According to Weather.com, it was 28, felt like 17 and there was a slight chance of flurries. It snowed about a quarter inch last night, but most of it had blown away. Weather.com also has a "fitness forecast," presumably telling you how much you'll suffer should you decide to exercise outdoors. Today's forecast was a "uncomfortable," out of a possible uncomfortable, moderate or comfortable rating. It's all about how you dress though. I wasn't uncomfortable at all this morning on my ride to work.

This morning I wore:

Lower half-
Bike-type shorts under tights, leg warmers and nylon 3/4 shpants, bike shoes with cotton socks and neoprene shoe covers.-
Upper half-
Jersey-type T-shirt, arm warmers under softshell jacket, fleece gloves, fleece neck gaiter, runner's beanie, helmet with vents taped over.

It looks like it might be a couple degrees warmer when I ride home, but not worth changing any part of my outfit. If it warmed up significantly, I could ditch the arm or leg warmers and be comfortable.

And yes, I do wear leg warmers and tights. And I'm ok with that.

Weight: 205.2
BFP: 21.8
Activity- Bike 16 miles, weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment