Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stagnation and bowling balls and extended leaves of absence (leave of absences? leaf of absence?)


Well, I am three months into my weight loss plan, and still stuck at 195. Not that it's a bad thing, still 12 pounds lighter than when I started. Which is a pretty decent sized bowling ball that I'm not carrying around anymore. Ok, maybe a little girl bowling ball, but still.



That means, though, I only have a month left to lose the last 10. It's a reasonable goal, a little extreme but I think I can do it. I actually managed to go running once this week DURING the week, which is quite impressive, if I do say so myself. My plan is to run 3 2-milers during the week and 3 or 4 miler on Saturday. At least the first week. I'm finding I like running a little more than I did before. It's nice to be at a fitness level where I feel like I could run for several miles. Whether I can or not is a different matter, but I plan on completing a 10k run by the end of the month. That's over six miles, which is a lot for me. The farthest I've ever run is the 3.5-ish miles I ran on Saturday, which felt really good. So six shouldn't be a problem, right?

We'll see.

Today, no activity, weights or Gunnar tonight. Boo. Rain and a broken bicycle. Tonight- repair bike, tomorrow 16 mile ride, 2 mile run. Saturday, either mountain biking if the weather cooperates or extended road ride, then 4 mile run. And weights. Or Gunnar. Say it with me now.

GOOOOOD!



(If you let your eyes go out of focus, it looks like Gunnar is punching the dog.)



Weight- 195

BFP- 19.8

No comments:

Post a Comment